Saturday, September 21, 2013

Color Run or Colour Run as we say in Canada eh

Last Saturday H and I did the Color Run. I actually find it humorous they call it a run because there wasn't much "running" going on. It was really fun though and I would do it again as a fun family outing. Not as a planned "run" though. We did jog quite a bit between the stations.

Packet pick up times were ridiculous. They were from 12-6 right downtown. I guess the organizers of the color run don't understand that most of Vancouverites don't actually live in Vancouver and it takes us like 30-60 mins to get downtown on a good day so if you work, which i assume you do, getting to packet pick up is pretty much impossible before 6.

We enjoyed dressing up like nerds and frolicking in the cornstarch colored mist. The volunteers at the pink station were very gentle with the coloring. The volunteers at the yellow station were quite aggressive. All in good fun though.





In other news we got a new old hot tub! A kind neighbour who could no longer use it due to health issues donated it to us. We are enjoying it. My dad hooked it all up for us and now H can relax after a hard day with a glass of water.







Tomorrow we are off to Seattle for the night. S is going to the Seahawks game and H and I are going to just relax, go on the duck tour which H always wants to go on and of course eat dinner at the cheese cake factory. Hopefully I will also pick up the quilt I want at Target cause our Target doesn't have it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to make sure that the health issues weren't CAUSED by the hot tub. ?? The Color Run came close to my neck of the woods the weekend we went to San Fran. I was pretty bummed about that as Kam and I have been wanting to do that together for awhile now. How fun you and H were able to do that!!