Tuesday, February 7, 2012

home with a sicko

my son is home sick today from school with a tummy bug and bad headache. s was home this morning so i still got my spin class in before he had to leave for work. keeping my fingers crossed that i don't get it. well, my parents have it too so they asked if i could get them some milk. so i dropped off the milk at their house. as i was getting back into the car i decided to try to knock myself out with the corner of the car door.


 

nice goose egg and cut eh? i have had a tension headache in my shoulders for a couple of days now. well now my headache is in the front. maybe i should sell this as a solution to relieve tension headaches? i could make begillions!! i have also stubbed my toes several times today. i think i may be trying to kill myself?




I started my Sun Run training officially yesterday. Mondays are going to be my long run days. However, the race is a 10k so i am maxing my long runs out at 8 miles. so yesterday i did 5.25 miles in the sun. this is my run entry from dailymile.com.

beautiful day. cool. crisp. sun shinning. on the way back a coyote decided to sit in the middle of the dyke. just sitting. normally i don't care. if i approach they move. however, when i have my dog i worry. worry about how my dog will react and of course how the coyote will react. i could tell the coyote was waiting to cross the road to the airport but there was some traffic. a few minutes later it finally crosses into the field.


I always have my dog on a leash when i run. we have lots of coyotes in our area. i am so surprised with the amount of people that have their dogs off leash. especially their little yappy dogs who will go at a coyote and lose.  also this trail and area has lots of people and bikes too so people are just asking for their dogs to get hurt.

so i am eating meat again. i can't seem to get enough protein when i don't. i should rephrase that. i technically get enough protein but then i snap cause it seems only meat satisfies the craving.  i am not eating much meat but enough so i don't snap again and eat a whole safeway roasted chicken by hand.

tonight i made some soup for dinner in the crock pot. this is what i threw in the crock pot:
  • ground turkey
  • celery
  • carrots
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 1 box chicken stalk
  • 1/2 cup uncooked barely
  • pepper
  • basil
  • water
i will let you know how it turns out. 

2 comments:

Amee Sandhu said...

mmm nom! How did dinner turn out the other night? And how is H doing? Poor thing!

Krissy said...

Jen, lol, you poor thing! I hope your goose egg goes down soon. Sounds to me like it might be shark week, i beat the crap out of myself with the clumsies right before. Crock pot Sounds good! As for the dog walking off lease: I have read a lot about dog and wolf mentality and a dog on a leash when another is off leash is viewed as a weaker being and therefore easier to pick off. Totally agree about the little dogs.